Mount Street Portfolio Advisers is subject to supervision by the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) and Deutsche Bundesbank and is licensed to provide Investment Advisory, Portfolio Management, Investment Brokerage and Contract Brokerage services through its offices across Europe and is approved by the SEC to act as a Registered Investment Adviser in the USA.
- Offer cost/capital efficient means to out source/wind down non-core portfolios.
- Implement “originate to distribute” or “originate to share” business models in order to save costs of capital and concentrate on core skills, i.e. origination
- Credit fund or private equity investors
- Assist in bidding for large debt portfolios
- Provide expertise with asset classes, portfolio on-boarding and servicing of the target asset pools
- Institutional investors
- Provide expertise with complex new asset classes which need independent services to comply with risk management or supervisory requirements
As a regulated institution, Mount Street can support investors with due diligence, on-boarding and (risk) management of large portfolios as well as complex single assets.
The integrity of the portfolio valuation process is critical to fund investors, especially when it involves illiquid assets. Mount Street has worked on valuation mandates across a wide range of asset classes tailoring the methodology and the cash flow modelling to the client’s requirements including but not limited to:
- Aviation and Maritime Finance
- Commercial Real Estate
- Corporate & Structured Finance
- Project & Infrastructure Finance
- Structured Credit
- All valuation processes are consistent, scalable and auditable containing full transparency of models and assumptions. Mount Street is qualified to act as an independent valuation agent or fund advisor under the AIFMD regulation as well as a Qualified Professional Asset Manager (QPAM) in the US.
Risk Management Support
- Mount Street provides independent risk assessment, analytics and reporting on either a single asset or portfolio basis fulfilling all requirements for a “qualified outsourcing party” for regulated investors
- Restructuring expertise
- Value creation in restructuring / exit situations
- Portfolio sales support
- Bespoke seamless reporting is customisable for individual clients or portfolios enabling high-quality client reports’, which incorporate detailed commentary in a clear and concise manner
For investors planning to invest in illiquid debt or structured credit products, Mount Street provides support across the whole value chain:
- Asset identification and origination support
- Preparation of new product processes
- Transaction on-boarding
- Valuations (as a regulated AIF valuation servicer)
- Ongoing surveillance and risk management (incl. reporting)
- Workout of non-performing exposures
And often with a focus on:
- Corporate & SME lending
- Project and infrastructure finance
- Maritime or aircraft financing
- Real estate financing
- Structured credit
- By leveraging strong relationships in the European debt markets, Mount Street offers attractive investment opportunities in niche markets.
- We offer the ability to capitalise on Mount Street’s established, efficient infrastructure for managed or segregated accounts.
- Mount Street is able to originate credit investments directly at the source from its original banking roots and through connections made by virtue of the large existing portfolio it manages; a major differentiator from the vast majority of European credit funds
Our Track Record
- Legacy portfolio management experience, a highly professional team located in Europe and the U.S with significant proprietary technology, Mount Street is a leading credit investment business in Europe.